Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Vacations in Pulau Tioman


This was my first vacation since I began to work in Singapore, obviously I already hardly wait to travel to other countries around Singapore. (althrough Spore is quite beautiful, I prefer anyway more orignal countries like Vietnam, Malaysia or Indonesia. I love to meet local people and appreciate their cultures, food, architecture etc.)


Pulau Tioman is famous as one of the most beautiful island in the world, but actually it's not very developped (if we compare with Bali in Indonesia or Sanya in China), of cause, its size is also much smaller than the others. There're about 8 villages (or resorts) in the island, but only three of them are well built for tourism. The village we stayed in: Salang, is quite nice and well developped, with lots of chalets, a few restaurents & bars. It's totally different from Sanya, which is covered by star hotels and big swimming pools.



Nothing can be more confortable than swimming in the sea seeing the sunset!


Entertainments in the island: certainly diving & snorkeling, to see the colorful world underwater, I was so surprised to know that it exists corals of different colors, red, green, violet, beige...I saw as well some fishes in flash blue or flash purple, amazing! It was not the first I did diving but still impressive. But several times I was a little scared under water, since some place is very low then I could easily touch the coral, even the sea urchin! And also, some times I swimmed to a new place which looks horrible and it's possible to appear something in front of me suddenly(or just I was worrying about it).


Malay people (both original malaysien and chinese) are very sympa (enthusiastic in french), I feel easily with them than Singaporean people. We ate special malaysia breafast but I didn't love very much. Good memory of this vacation, I've got my tan skin.




PS. Thanks Betty for the tamplet.

No comments: